The World Amateur Golfers Championship world final and World Amateur Golfers Invitational tournaments are played over 72 holes, stroke play, with hcp adjustments after each round, giving all a fair and equal opportunity both in the team championship and individually within each flight.
The PERODUA National Amateur Golf Series 2020/2021, which are qualifying rounds for Malaysia to the WAGC Mexico 2021 (hereinafter referred to as the Tournament) shall be managed by a Tournament Committee (hereinafter referred to as the Committee) whose decisions in all matters relating to the Championship shall be final.
2. VENUES AND DATES
- The venues and dates of each Competition shall be decided by the Committee.
- The Committee reserves the rights to change the venue and date if deemed necessary.
3. FORMAT OF PLAY
- Stroke play over 18 holes at each venue.
- The player who returns the lowest NETT score shall be the winner.
- There will be 5 handicap categories: 0 to 5, 6 to 10, 11 to 15, 16 to 20 and 21 to 25.
4. TEEING AREAS
- Men shall play from the BLUE teeing areas.
- Ladies shall play from the RED teeing areas.
Buggies are provided on twin sharing basis at the OPTION of the venues.
No Caddies shall be provided for any of the tournaments. Personal Caddies are also not allowed.
- The tournament is opened to all Male and Female Malaysian amateur golfers who are members of any golf clubs affiliated to the Malaysian Golf Association (MGA).
- Players must be 18 years of age and above as of 1/1/2020.
- A Player must have a MyKad, MyTentera or MyPolis identify card.
- Players must have a current MGA Handicap Index of 25.0 or less at the date of the tournament. The course handicap will be determined based on the handicap index and the slope rating of the venue course.
- Players without a MGA Handicap Index shall play at handicaps to be assigned by the Committee.
- Players will be verified by the virtue of NRIC by the State Code or Permanent Address to determine which state series they are eligible to participate. (see illustration below)
- If a player is born in State A (as per State Code of NRIC) and resides in State B (as per Permanent Address of NRIC) but works at State C or have a different residential address at State C or State D, the player would be eligible to play at State A and/or State B only but NOT at State C or State D.
- In this tournament, Federal Territories of Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya and Labuan are considered as separate ‘States’.
- Once a player has played at State A and did not qualify for the National Finals, the player may play at State B and vice versa but subject to the following conditions:
- there is a remaining schedule at the next State,
- availability of empty slots as priorities will be given to those who are playing for the first time,
- registration must be made at least 2 weeks before the tournament date,
- must show proof of payment made
8. ENTRIES, WITHDRAWALS, TRANSFER & CHANGE OF QUALIFYING ROUND
- All entries must be received two (2) weeks before each event date with a hardcopy image of their MGA NHS Handicap Index.
- There shall be no REFUNDS for withdrawal/cancellation. However, entry for qualifying round can be transferred to another player by written notification to the organizer within 7 days prior to the event and subject to agreement of the organizer.
- However if the winner of a qualifying round is unable to take part in the National Final, he or she MAYBE replaced by another player nominated by the Committee
All players are required to register in person 30 minutes before registration counter closes.Failure to do so may result in the player being withdrawn from the Tournament with no refund of any fees paid.
10. RULES OF PLAY
The Rules of Golf as approved by The R&A Rules Ltd, the Terms of the Competition and the Local Rules of the respective Tournament venue or any additional local rules set by the Committee shall apply.
Penalty for breach of Local Rule: 2 strokes, unless otherwise.
11. CONFORMING DRIVER HEADS
Any driver the player uses to make a stroke must have a club head, identified by model and loft, which is on the current List of Conforming Driver Heads issued by The R&A. Penalty for Making a Stroke with Club in Breach of this Local Rule: Disqualification.
12. CONFORMING GOLF BALLS
Any ball used in making a stroke must be on the current List of Conforming Golf Balls issued by The R&A. Penalty For Making a Stroke with a Ball Not on Current List in Breach of this Local Rule: Disqualification.
13. DRAW AND STARTING TIME
- Players shall be arranged in groups of a maximum of four (4) players.
- The Committee shall prepare the draw.
- The Tournament shall tee-off with a shotgun start. All players are to station themselves at their respective tee boxes 10min prior to the tee-off time.
- The Committee reserves the right to change the draws and vary the starting times without giving any reason.
- If the player arrives at his starting point, ready to play, within five minutes after his starting time, the penalty for failure to start on time is two strokes in stroke play. Otherwise, the penalty for breach of this Rule is disqualification.
14. PACE OF PLAY POLICIES
The attention of the competitors is drawn to Rule 5.6 regarding undue delay. The Committee will not hesitate to impose the penalties as provided by that Rule. The pace of play policy is displayed at the notice board.
15. RULINGS BY COMMITTEE
- A referee’s ruling on the facts or how the Rules apply must be followed by the player.
- The Committee’s ruling is final.
16. HANDICAP & CATEGORY
- All Participants need to have a current official handicap index issued by the Malaysian Golf Association/NHS to participate in PERODUA National Amateur Golf Series 2020.
- Players belonging to more than one club and having different USGA handicap indexes must use his or her lowest handicap unless a valid explanation is being given to the tournament committee. Penalty for breach of rules is Disqualification.
- The Committee reserves the right to assign the National Series qualifiers with new Handicap Indexes that will apply when they play in the National Final.
- PLAYING HANDICAP: The handicap of the players 7 days before the tournament date shall be playing handicap for that tournament.
- Perodua National Amateur Golf Series is divided equally into 5 handicap categories :-
|Handicap Categories A||0 to 5|
|Handicap Categories B||6 to 10|
|Handicap Categories C||11 to 15|
|Handicap Categories D||16 to 20|
|Handicap Categories E||21 to 25|
17. DECISION ON TIES
- In the event of a tie for any placing, the tie shall be decided by a count –back system of matching scorecards in the following order :-
- Last 9 holes;( holes no. 10 to 18 )
- Last 6 holes;( hole no. 12 to 18 )
- Last 3 holes;( hole no. 16 to 18 )
- Last hole(18th hole)
- The net score shall be used for matching. If the tie remains unresolved, it shall be decided by lot.
18. CODE OF CONDUCT
All players should practice good conduct as detailed in Rules 1.2a. Following may be considered serious breach of code of conduct:
- Usage of hand phone during play to the annoyance and distractions of other players
- Intentionally distracting or offending fellow competitors
- Verbal abuse of fellow competitors/officials/staff
- Any other misconduct not listed above but are deemed to be serious by the Committee
Penalty for breach is Disqualification
19. HOLE – IN – ONE PRIZE
There is only Two (02) hole-in-one prize for the Qualifying Rounds (Perodua Car & Titoni watch). The first player to score the Hole-In-One from March to September National Series shall be the winner of the above prize.
If there are 2 or more players who score a Hole-In-One within a round, the first player who achieves it shall be the winner for the prize.
Note: MGA is not responsible and liable for such term
20. PRIZE STRUCTURE
21. STATE CHAMPION – PERODUA CHALLENGE TROPHY
- A State Champion will be determined based on 5 best player‟s nett scores at the National Final and crowned as the ‘NATIONAL STATE CHAMPION’
- OCB goes by the lowest handicap – Accumulated by 5 players
- If the tie remains unresolved, it shall be decided based on the clause “DECISION ON TIES” (clause 17).
22. SCORE CARDS
Scorecards must be promptly returned and in any case not later than 15 minutes after completion of the round. A scorecard is deemed submitted the moment it has been handed to the official scorer.
23. COMPETITION CLOSED
The Tournament shall be deemed closed when the prizes/trophy have been awarded to the winners.
24. NATIONAL FINAL AND WORLD FINAL (WAGC)
- Winners from each handicap category of the Perodua National Amateur Golf Series shall qualify for National Final in Forest City Golf Resort on 4th September 2021. If a qualified player is unable to take part in the National Final, he or she must inform Committee in writing 7 days before the tournament date.
- Winners of the five handicap categories(A, B, C, D& E) of the National Final shall qualify for the World Final in Cancun, Mexico from 16th – 23rd October 2021. If the winner is unable to take part in the World Final, he or she must inform the Tournament Committee in writing 30 days before the tournament date.
- If the winner fails to do so, he must indemnify the organizing committee the cost of airfare, tournament fee, accommodation & transfers.
25. AMATEUR STATUS
- An amateur golfer must not accept a prize (other than a symbolic prize) or prize voucher of retail value in excess of £500 (RM2,500) or the equivalent, or such a lesser figure as may be decided by the Governing Body. This limit applies to the total prizes or prize vouchers received by an amateur golfer in any one competition or series of competitions, excluding any hole-in-one prize (see Rule 3.2b on Rules of Amateur Status).
- The limits prescribed in Rule 3.2a do not apply to a prize for a hole-in-one. An amateur golfer may accept a prize in excess of the limit set in Rule 3-2, including a cash prize for a hole-in-one made while playing a round of golf. Such a prize may be accepted in addition to any other prize won in the same competition.
- NO CASH prizes are allowed, a prize voucher may not be a monetary award. A prize voucher is a voucher, gift certificate, gift card or the like approved by the MGA in charge of competition for the purchase of goods or services from a Pro shop, golf club or other retail outlets.
NOTE: The onus of receiving a prize or prizes that exceed the prescribed limits lies with the participant. The Committee and its sponsors shall not be liable for any action on players for any breach of Rules pertaining to Amateur Status.
26. INCLEMENT WEATHER AND SUSPENSION OF PLAY
- The Committee will make every effort to complete an event in it‟s entirely. However, the Committee reserves the right to suspend or abandon play as deemed necessary.
- In the unlikely event if the course is unplayable and play is abandoned or other conditions warrant such action, the Committee shall then decide either to continue play the following day or to take whatever course of action.
27. INDEMNITY / LIABILITIES
The Sponsors, The Organizers, The Committee or the management of respective golf clubs will not be responsible for any loss (Accommodation, Air-ticket, Land transfers, etc), damage or harm, or any form of injuries that the participants of the Perodua National Amateur Golf Series may suffer as a result of their participation in this tournament and for any postponement or cancellation of any of the National Series rounds
28. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT & CONSENT
By communicating with Delta Trend Golf & Leisure Holidays Sdn Bhd using WAGC Malaysia website (www.worldgolfers.com.my ) services, or by virtue of your engagement with Delta Trend Golf & Leisure Holidays Sdn Bhd, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Private Policy and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by Delta Trend Golf & Leisure Holidays Sdn Bhd as described in this Private Policy.
All the above is subject to change at the discretion of the Tournament Organizing Committee whose decision in all matters is final
TOURNAMENT ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
- Perodua National Amateur Golf Series 2020/2021 is managed by Delta World Sdn Bhd (Formerly known as Delta Trend Golf & Leisure Holidays Sdn Bhd) and whose decision in all matters shall be final.
- The Tournament Organising Committee will oversee the entire progress of Perodua National Amateur Golf Series 2020/2021.
- The Tournament Organising Committee will have the full right to manage the WAGI.
- The Tournament Organising Committee reserves the right to exclude any player from the Tournament at its discretion.
- The tournament rules committee shall be responsible for running the tournament in accordance with Rules of Golf as approved by the R&A Rules Ltd, Terms of the Competition and the Local Rules of the respective Tournament venue.
- The Tournament Organising Committee reserves the right to accept, refuse or withdraw any entry if found to be questionable.
- All the above is subject to change at the discretion of Tournament Organizing Committee who’s the decision in all matters is final.